Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm a wrestling mom now!

Not like I don't have a billion other things to do or a night I want to stay home or some free weekends, but Jackson wanted to sign up for wrestling.  So what did mama do???  Yep you guessed it!  Signed him up for wrestling.  It all happened on Monday October 29th.  Yep just 2 shorts days after our football season ended.  I took Jackson solo cause Stephen wanted to stay with Aunt Holly Grace.  (he is obsessed with her!!)  So Jackson and I headed there and we saw a 5 year old boy there with his dad.  I just mentioned it for crazy sakes how old you had to be to wrestle.  They coach said 4.  4 years old.  I am still in shock??  So what did Jackson do?  He came home and asked Stephen if he wanted to wrestle.  Originally I was going to see if there were any karate classes for Stephen at the same time as Jackson did wrestling, but now I can take them both together and its pretty awesome!!!  Here are some pictures of their first practice!!

They ran for 15 minutes.  I am not talking jogging I am talking run run run!!  After running they had other warm ups to do.  They both stayed in line patiently waiting for instructions.

Run to each line and touch it, then run back and then run to the next line.  There were 4 lines.
Next run to each line and do 5 push ups.
Next run to each line and do sit ups.

Bear crawl all the way down.


Don't know what this is called, but they did it all the way back after bear crawls!

After all that conditioning they went to the room with the mats.  This sign hangs in the room.

They sat in a circle for a few minutes and went over some things.

They did more stretching.

and more!

Then they told you to do this!  Not really!!  The only things that were supposed to touch was your head and feet.  No shoulders, back or butt.

Then this!
Stephen stopped really quick and stayed with me the rest of the time.  I do have a cute video of them doing up downs I will try to up load to youtube.  Stephen cried the WHOLE way home and most of the time before bed.  He said he didn't want to go back, he didn't like running, he was a mess.  BUT he did go to practice Tuesday night and did great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment