Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinterest Cooking Day 4 - Wednesday

Tonight (Wednesday) we had:

Okra and Tomatoes




and 


Garlic Chick Puffs



You can click on the picture and it should take you to the website where they came from.  I didn't really follow the Okra and Tomatoes recipe, but its a picture.  The recipe called for canned tomatoes, but why used canned when you have some fresh from the Garden.  I also used fresh from the garden Okra!  Jackson liked it till he I told him it had tomatoes in it.  Stephen spit it out and Bart, well he ate it, but I don't think he really liked it.  I liked it, but I'm weird like that!

The Garlic and Chicken Puffs recipe called for canned chicken.  I don't really do that kinda thing.  I just bought mine from Ingles for 1.98 a pound and ended up buying 1 1/2 pounds and just doubled the rest of the ingredients from the recipe.  Instead of cutting each crescent roll triangle in half I just used the whole crescent roll and filled it fuller and wrapped it up really good.  Stephen ate the whole thing.  Jackson ate 2 and gave it one thumbs up.  He probably would have given 2 thumbs up if he would have laid his crescent roll down from the other hand long enough to do it!  I asked him if it was good and he said mmmmmhhuh!!  Bart kept telling me that it was good and I have to admit it was pretty good.

It was something different.  I do have to admit that it would be a great appetizer or a great "shower" finger food!

No comments:

Post a Comment