Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pinterest Day 2 Cooking Monday Night


Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage



This picture is straight from Colletta's Kitchen Sink.  If you click the picture it should link to the exact recipe from her blog or you can click HERE.
A post isn't worth anything unless these two are in it right??


This is what mine looked like right before eating.

This is what I did.

I took 7 potatoes, peeled and cut in small chunks.
Put 2 Tablespoons in a 9x13 pan, ,melted in a 400 Degree oven.
Placed potatoes in melted butter.
I then put the remaining butter from a whole stick on top of the potatoes. (Next time I will not use all of the remaining butter)
I covered with tin foil and cooked in the oven for 30 min on 400.
After it cooked for 30 min I took out stirred then put 2 full packs of smoked sausage cut up in chunks.
Cook for 20-30 more minutes making sure potatoes do not get to soft.
Stirred some and put a whole pack of shredded cheese on top and cooked for 5 more minutes!

Reviews - 

Stephen - this good and this good.  (translation - The potatoes are good and the smoked sausage good)
Jackson - umm!! while giving a thumbs up.  He is not a big potato fan, but he did like them since they had cheese on them and said it was good with the sausage!
Bart - liked them as well and told me that several times.  He did ask for A1 sauce, but he puts sauce on everything so that doesn't mean the supper wasn't good.  He did really liked them!

The recipe from Collettta's Kitchen called for 10 potatoes and I used 7.  Her recipe called for 2 links.  I used 2 whole packs.  Next time I will not use the whole stick of butter.  It was just to much for me.  But it seriously was good, but nobody needs that much butter!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, I am going to try it! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete