Thursday, March 18, 2010

Saving Money

I know alot of the moms out there try different ways to save money. I tried Grocery Gamers, but I realized I could do this on my own and save money not having to pay even a small fee. I have done this since staying home with my babes. I don't do it all the time, but when I do I save BIG. I usually get the coupons from my mother in law or Bart's Grandmother. This past Sunday we stopped and got a paper and boy am I glad I did!! I hit the Jack pot this week!! Publix had Lysol Wipes B1G1 Free and I had a coupon for $1 off 2! So I stocked up since Jackson's class uses them like crazy and this is what Jackson uses to clean his bathroom. Also at Publix this week Powerade bottles B1G1 Free. Jackson is taking a new medicine for his stomach and powerade seems to be the only thing he likes taking it with.

My biggest sales were at CVS! Here is a list of items I purchased:

3 1/2 Gallons of Tropicana OJ
6 Dove Deodorants
2 Right Guard Deodorants
3 bags of Easter Candy
6 packs of Gum
1 bottle of Herbal Essents Conditioner
4 Colgate Toothbrushes

I know that list is not that BIG, but I did save $47.00. I ended up spending 36.00. I now have enough OJ to last me a week and a half, enough deo to last me a good while and the same for Bart. I am stocked up on Candy for Church, School and Easter Baskets. We have enough tooth brushes to last me and Bart 6 months and I was in desperate need of Conditioner! I used 3 coupons on OJ, 1 coupon for the candy and a coupon for the conditioner! Dove, Right Guard and Colgate usually have coupons, but I did not have any. It was still a good enough deal to get it.

Its important to only buy what you will use. If you can stock up on great deals thats even better. Don't go out any buy something just cause it was a great deal. In the end you might not use it and it would be a waste of money!

Thanks for letting me bore you with my money saving ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment